Pakistani hackers hack more Indian websites; make Indian Police latest victim
Siliguri is a city located in the Darjeeling district, Jalpaiguri district and Kalimpong district in the Indian state of West Bengal.
The cybercrime unit has been asked to investigate the matter, the Siliguri police said.
This is not the first time the website of Siliguri Metropolitan Police has been hacked. In March, a group of hackers hacked into the website of Siliguri Police Commissionerate, claiming that the cyber-attack was orchestrated as a protest against the raising anti-India slogans in Jadavpur University and JNU.
Last week on Friday, the hackers, who operated under the pseudonym of Faisal 1337 from Team Pak Cyber Attackers, posted a Pakistani flag on the home page of Karnataka State Police website. Apart from provocative messages, the hackers pasted a message: “Shame on your security”.
Exposing cyber security flaws of a key department in the insurgency-hit state, a hacker going by the name Rummy Khan, defaced the website and pasted a Pakistani flag on to its homepage.
“The website was hacked because it was not updated with patches. We missed updating security patches as a result of which it happened," Chhattisgarh Infotech & Biotech Promotion Society (CHiPS) CEO Saurabh Kumar told Indian media after the attack.
- 38 years of fame: Green-eyed Afghan girl from famous magazine cover ...12:20 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Supreme Court seeks policy statement from services chiefs on ...11:45 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Lt Gen Nigar Johar becomes first woman colonel commandant of Pakistan ...11:18 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- US President Biden invites PM Imran to virtual summit on democracy10:56 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Karachi Zoo director removed after rare white lion dies of negligence09:52 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021