Woman burning in Lahore: Police catch brother who allegedly helped set sister on fire
Anees was apprehended from Lahore's Nishtar Colony area, police officials confirmed.
Anees who initially confessed to strangling his sister Zeenat dead before burning her, backtracked on his confession and said that only his mother Parveen Bibi had been involved in the brutal murder. He explained that he was locked up in a room when Zeenat was being burnt by her mother.
Zeenat, a 17-year old girl from Lahore's Factory area, was burnt to death by her own relatives on June 8. The victim's husband, Hassan Khan, later revealed to the police that Zeenat had been killed by her mother and brother for marrying against their wishes.
Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif had earlier taken notice of the incident and called for the immediate arrests of the suspects.
- 'Neelofar' starring Fawad, and Mahira gets a release date08:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Punjab police to take over Banigala's security after Gill’s arrest08:10 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan braces for more rains under new monsoon spell07:18 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani PM hails UAE investment in phone call with Emirate ruler06:44 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani wins hearts with latest video02:05 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022