Pakistan, Iran vow to further strengthen bilateral relations
TEHRAN – Pakistan’s youngest Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari reached the Iranian capital today on his maiden two-day official visit to the neighboring country.
FM Bhutto called on Iranian leaders and addressed a joint presser alongside his Iranian counterpart Hossein Amir-Abdollahian in Tehran.
Both sides reiterated the resolve to further strengthen relations in all dimensions. Addressing the presser, Bilawal said building close relations with Persian Gulf neighbor is Islamabad’s priority.
وزیر خارجہ بلاول بھٹو زرداری کی ایرانی وزیر خارجہ سے ملاقات— PPP (@MediaCellPPP) June 14, 2022
(تہران) وزیر خارجہ بلاول بھٹو زرداری نے آج ایران کے اپنے دو روزہ دورے کے دوران اپنے ایرانی ہم منصب حسین امیر عبداللہیان سے ملاقات کی۔ @BBhuttoZardari @Amirabdolahian pic.twitter.com/RE7WYw5THo
FM mentioned that both sides exchanged views to further strengthen the bilateral relations in trade, investment, connectivity, border management, facilitation of Zaireen, cultural and educational cooperation, and enhancing people to people contacts.
He mentioned that Islamabad come closer to resolving one of the major obstacles in expanding trade through operationalization of party trade mechanism, formalization of cross-border exchanges through opening new border crossings and promotion of trade through cross border markets, per report.
FM also mentioned committing to enhance energy cooperation by importing additional electricity from Tehran.
He continued that he discussed the exchange of sentenced prisoners under the existing legal frameworks during his meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister.
Pakistan and Iran also discussed situation in Afghanistan especially the dire humanitarian saturation, Bilawal said, adding that both sides are directly affected by conflict and instability in war-torn nation.
Iran sends massive air tanker to help put out ... 12:35 AM | 24 May, 2022
KARACHI – Iran is sending its Ilyushin Il-76 air tanker to help put out fires that have been raging for almost ...
FM also briefed Iranian counterpart Abdollahian about the grave human rights violation in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir, and expressed gratitude to the Iranian leadership's steadfast support for the cause of Kashmiris.
FM mentioned exchanging views on rising tide of Islamophobia, following the recent derogatory remarks made by officials in India. He called on world leaders to show common resolve against Islamophobia.
Pakistan, Iran vow not to allow terrorists to use ... 09:00 PM | 14 Feb, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan and Iran agreed on Monday that the territory of both neighbouring countries should not be ...
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif appears before court in money laundering ...11:54 AM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Former PM Imran Khan arrives at Judge Zeba Chaudhry’s court to ...11:15 AM | 30 Sep, 2022
- US envoy again denies seeking regime change, says he supports ...10:44 AM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan’s new finance chief urges IMF to ease harsh economic ...10:15 AM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Audio leaks: All eyes on dark web ‘hacker’ who announces ...09:48 AM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Tuba Anwar and Mathira's virtual spat gets serious07:43 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani toddler bags 22 records11:46 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Nora Fatehi's new dance video sets internet on fire07:10 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022