Supermodel Ayyan Ali sent to jail for ‘money laundering’
The super model was found to be carrying $0.5 million to Dubai which according to ASF custom officials was unlawful.
She was hiding the money in a secret pocket inside her hand bag, the officials said. "This is an act of smuggling."
The officials, later on, took her to the hospital for her medical examination and a case was also lodged against her.
The supermodel has filed a bail application with the court which will be taken care of on March 16.
Ayyan Ali refused to talk to media over the issue, according a private news channel.
According to sources, Ayyan has visited the United Arab Emirates at least 15 times within a year.
Earlier Pakistan’s top singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan was also arrested by the Indian airport official while carrying heavy cash amounts to Pakistan.
Ayyan started her career as model at the age of sixteen years and afterwards also worked in several television commercials.
Ayyan was awarded the title of Calvin Klein ‘Beauty of the Year 2010’ and the best female model for 2012 at Pakistan media Awards.
- Kashmir Premier League to invite Indian cricketer Virat Kohli to ...11:05 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Imran says PTI's core committee to decide final date for Islamabad ...10:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Raja Riaz appointed Opposition leader in National Assembly09:45 PM | 20 May, 2022
- PNS Badar: Pakistan Navy launches MILGEM-class ship09:12 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Zameen.com organises first edition of Pakistan Property Event in Qatar08:05 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Watch - Hania Aamir ignores Iqra Aziz at 'Parde Mein Rehne Do' ...07:38 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022