Overseas Pakistani can now open bank accounts without biometric verification
DUBAI - The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has exempted overseas Pakistanis from biometric verification to operate their accounts in Pakistan.
The banks in Pakistan have been permitted to utilize NADRA Verisys instead of biometric verification, said a statement issued by Pakistani embassy in the UAE.
“Overseas Pakistanis would be only required to provide reasonable evidence/proof, like copy of valid Passport, Visa, CNIC and NICOP of their residency status,” it added.
The SBP has clarified that an account not operated by the holder for a period of one year would be classified as dormant.
A dormant account could be activated upon a formal request through postal/email address, registered mobile or landline number by the customer. Verification will be done through NADRA Verisys only, it added.
Non-resident Pakistanis can be re-issued Debit Cards by contacting their bank's Call Center from the registered phone number, email address or Bank's mobile application.
After due process, the old card will be cancelled and a new debit card will be issued and sent to the Customer on the registered address.
After receipt of the debit card, the Customer would be required to contact the Call Center again for its activation.
SBP to launch ‘Apni Car, Samaaji Khidmat’ ... 09:52 PM | 27 Apr, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The State Bank of Pakistan has planned to launch two more initiative under the Roshan Digital Account ...
- Indian villagers set up 'Corona Mata' temple to ward off deadly virus01:08 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- USAID provides more anti-Covid assistance to Pakistan10:53 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan values UK’s balanced role in global, regional affairs: ...09:50 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- On this day in 2017, Pakistan defeated India to win maiden ICC ...09:06 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- AJK minister quits PML-N to join PTI ahead of July 25 polls08:41 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021