Pakistan reaffirms support for Afghan peace process, Qureshi tells Atmar
Both the FMs discuss tense situation in Palestine, Al-Aqsa
ISLAMABAD – Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has reaffirmed Pakistan's support to the Afghan peace process for a sustainable political settlement in the neighboring country.
"The intra-Afghan negotiations provide a historic opportunity to achieve an inclusive, broad-based and comprehensive political settlement in Afghanistan for ending the long-lasting conflict," Qureshi said in a telephonic conversation with his Afghan counterpart Mohammad Hanif Atmar on Friday.
He added Pakistan welcomed the announcement of the three-day Eid al-Fitr ceasefire by the Afghan parties recently, adding that efforts should continue for a permanent ceasefire.
Both sides also agreed to maintain high-level bilateral exchanges and work together for the further consolidation of Pakistan-Afghanistan relations, according to the foreign ministry.
Dozen dead in Kabul mosque blast during Friday ... 05:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
KABUL – At least 12 people have died in a bombing that ripped through a mosque in northern Kabul during Friday ...
The two ministers also exchanged views about the current situation in Palestine especially in Al-Aqsa Mosque. Qureshi condemned the indiscriminate use of force and attacks by Israeli forces in Al-Aqsa and Gaza, called for protection of civilians, and underscored the need for the international community to take urgent steps to address the grave situation in the occupied territories.
The foreign minister reaffirmed Pakistan’s support and solidarity with the Palestinian people and for a just and lasting solution of the issue in accordance with relevant UN Security Council resolutions and international legitimacy.
The two foreign ministers agreed to remain in contact on the Palestine issue. They also agreed to maintain high-level bilateral exchanges and work together for the further consolidation of Pakistan-Afghanistan relations.
- Balochistan's Budget 2021 delayed as opposition puts locks on ...05:19 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Meet Justice Mahmud Jamal – Canada’s first person of colour to be ...04:59 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- KPK presents Budget 2021-22 with total outlay of over Rs1 trillion04:14 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- vivo Introduces amazing offers for Daraz Mobile Week 202103:47 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah slams vlogger Rosie Gabrielle over Hunza photos02:20 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Mahira Khan loves viral video of artist who turned cab drivers’ ...01:57 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021