PML-N’s Shahid Khaqan Abbasi secures NA-124 victory against PTI’s Ghulam Mohiuddin Dewan
LAHORE – Shahid Khaqan Abbasi of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) secured an easy victory over Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s Ghulam Mohiuddin Dewan in the by-election for NA-124 constituency of Lahore , unofficial results showed Sunday evening.
The former prime minister secured a total of 75,012 votes while his rival candidate 30,115 votes only.
NA-124, a seat vacated by PML-N’s Hamza Shehbaz Sharif, is traditionally a constituency of the former ruling party and its allied parties for almost three decades now.
In the last general elections, PTI candidate Nauman Qaiser lost the constituency to Hamza Shahbaz who got 146,294 votes.
Pakistan by-polls: PTI, PML-N secure four NA ... 08:02 AM | 15 Oct, 2018
LAHORE – Unofficial and unverified results show a tough fight between the two major political parties, the Pakistan ...
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- 22-year-old Samina dies in Lahore’s hospital after protesting ...06:41 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019