PML-N’s Shahid Khaqan Abbasi secures NA-124 victory against PTI’s Ghulam Mohiuddin Dewan
LAHORE – Shahid Khaqan Abbasi of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) secured an easy victory over Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s Ghulam Mohiuddin Dewan in the by-election for NA-124 constituency of Lahore, unofficial results showed Sunday evening.
The former prime minister secured a total of 75,012 votes while his rival candidate 30,115 votes only.
NA-124, a seat vacated by PML-N’s Hamza Shehbaz Sharif, is traditionally a constituency of the former ruling party and its allied parties for almost three decades now.
In the last general elections, PTI candidate Nauman Qaiser lost the constituency to Hamza Shahbaz who got 146,294 votes.
Pakistan by-polls: PTI, PML-N secure four NA ... 08:02 AM | 15 Oct, 2018
LAHORE – Unofficial and unverified results show a tough fight between the two major political parties, the Pakistan ...
- Seven killed after jeep plunged into deep ditch near Murree10:55 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 221,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,551 confirmed ...09:56 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Apple parts ways with Intel09:45 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020