Judge suspended over brawl with Punjab lawmaker's husband in Islamabad
ISLAMABAD - Additional Sessions Judge Malik Jahangir Awan was suspended on Monday following his brawl with husband of Member of the Punjab Assembly (MPA) Abida Raja in Islamabad last night.
Islamabad High Court has issued a notification, directing the judge to stop working until further notice.
Earlier today, a lower court has issued a notice to Secretariat police station SHO, seeking explanation in the case till September 16, after hearing a petition filed by a judge.
On Sunday, MPA Raja’s husband Chaudhary Khurram allegedly thrashed the judge on Constitution Avenue after they engaged in a fight over the crossing of a traffic signal.
In response, the judge drew his pistol from his car and fired shots at Khurram's feet, but no one injured in the incident.
Both parties were shifted to police station after police responded to the reports of brawl.
- Suzuki likely to unveil 9th Generation Alto this year11:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan to create tech-based farms to promote exports11:04 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan’s UN envoy Munir intensified efforts to accomplish ...09:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- PAMI elects Prof Dr. Chaudhry Abdul Rehman as new president08:50 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020