Muneeb Butt is concerned about his daughter’s safety in Pakistan
The petrifying gang rape of a woman driving on the Lahore motorway has shaken Pakistanis to the core.
The public and numerous celebrities have raised their voice for the safety of women in this country and want to see accountability carried out so that justice is served.
Actor Muneeb Butt has also pointed a serious concern through his latest Instagram post following the atrocious incident among the several other cases that have surfaced.
The growing rape cases have instilled fear in the hearts of many and as a father, Butt is concerned for his daughter, Amal’s safety.
"Har roz uth kar apni beti ko dekhta hun. muhabbat se itmenaan se, behad pyaar se. (Each morning I look at my daughter with immense love and patience),” he shared.
He continued, “Lekin ab us men behad khof bhi shaamil hogaya hai. Sochta hun kya ye khof hamesha rahega? (But now immense fear has also lurked its way in. I wonder if this fear will always stay with me?)”
The actor’s post was accompanied by the trending hashtag #hangtherapists.
Protests have erupted in cities across Pakistan as the people are furious with authorities for being involved in insensitive victim-blaming, instead of providing justice.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan condemns Houthis' attacks on Saudi Arabia11:39 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- TECNO’s launches Hero Phone Spark 6 in Pakistan08:24 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020