SHC bars Zohaib from making statements against late Nazia Hassan’s husband
KARACHI – The Sindh High Court (SHC) has barred Zohaib Hassan from making statements against late Pakistani pop diva Nazia Hassan’s husband Mirza Ishtiaq Baig.
The high court issued the order while hearing Rs1 billion damages suit filed by Baig against his brother-in-law over issuing baseless statements.
SHC has also directed Zohaib to appear before the court on October 7.
In his petition, Baig said that Zohaib levelled baseless allegations against him and talked contemptuously about him in an interview to a private TV channel.
Mirza said that Nazia fought against cancer for a long time, but even then Zohaib declared his death unnatural in his interview. He said that British authorities had issued a death certificate for Nazia, but Zohaib was levelling baseless allegations against him and talking about him contemptuously. He asked the court to stop Zohaib from speaking against him.
Mirza has also said in his petition that Zohaib should apologise over his remarks and pay him Rs1 billion damages for tarnishing his reputation.
Nazia Hassan was poisoned by ex-husband: Zohaib ... 11:31 AM | 13 Aug, 2021
Famed singer Nazia Hassan’s brother Zohaib Hassan said that her sister was poisoned by her husband Ishtiaq ...
- PM Imran receives security briefing during ISI Secretariat visit09:01 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Ayesha Manzoor Wattoo’s book ‘Petals in My Diary’ unveiled in ...08:41 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- PTI govt first in Pakistan’s history to give complete independence ...08:16 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Met office predicts another rain spell, urban flooding in Karachi07:33 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- English football legend Michael Owen appointed PFL official ambassador06:54 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Umar Akmal’s hilarious Tiktok video sparks memefest02:30 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Veteran Pakistani actor Talat Iqbal passes away in US10:40 AM | 24 Sep, 2021