Dubai Sikh temple breaks world record with breakfast for 600 people from 101 countries
Gurdwara Guru Nanak Darbar entered the Guinness World Record on Thursday for serving an hour-long continental breakfast titled ‘Breakfast for Diversity’ to 600 persons from 101 countries in an hour-long event in Jebel Ali.
The Khaleej Times reported that schoolchildren, government officials and diplomats attended the event while Indian ambassador to the UAE Navdeep Singh Suri was the chief guest.
Numbering about 27 million worldwide, Sikhs make up 0.39 per cent of the world population; approximately 83 per cent live in India. About 76 per cent of all Sikhs live in the north Indian State of Punjab, where they form a majority (about two-thirds) of the population.
The officials from the Guinness Book of World Records confirmed that the gurdwara broke the previous record of 55 nationalities having a continental breakfast, organised by Nutella at the Milan Expo in Italy in 2015.
- In telephone call with Blinken, FM Bilawal reiterates commitment for ...09:29 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Action sought against Imran Khan, Yasmin Rashid for ‘smear campaign ...08:49 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- IT and Textile could play critical role in Pakistan's economic ...08:12 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Yashma Gill shares her views regarding Humayun Saeed’s famous ...08:00 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Sindh announces public holidays for Eidul-Adha 202207:31 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:33 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022