NAB unearths massive fraud in PAF housing society approved for martyrs
KARACHI – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Wednesday revealed in a trial court that two detained builders in a case pertaining to alleged fraud in the Fazaia Housing Scheme Karachi have cheated people to loot billions of rupees in convenience with some PAF officials.
Investigation Office Aslam Abro informed the court when he produced both suspects Tanveer Ahmed and Bilal Tanveer, said to be associated with Maxim Properties, for extension in their physical remand.
The court extended their remand for 14 more days.
During the hearing today, the court was informed about how the land was acquired in the name of ‘shuhada (martyrs) and war heroes’, but only 30 units were allotted to the same out of total 8400 units.
Abro further revealed how the some PAF officials allegedly made millions by luring their own fellows into purchasing the housing units.
According to the NAB, the suspects are involved in allegedly depriving the public of Rs18 billion through investments in the FHSK.
- ‘Aik Thi Laila’: Yasir Hussain, Iqra Aziz take their relationship ...11:49 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Sadaf Kanwal and Shahroz Sazwari share first moments with newborn ...11:23 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Influencer Waliya Najib shares stunning clips from Europe vacation10:52 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan Navy saves crew members of sinking Indian vessel near Gwadar10:29 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Here’s all you need to know about release of Aamir Khan’s Laal ...07:44 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra suffers leg injury during web-series shoot09:24 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022