NAB unearths massive fraud in PAF housing society approved for martyrs
KARACHI – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Wednesday revealed in a trial court that two detained builders in a case pertaining to alleged fraud in the Fazaia Housing Scheme Karachi have cheated people to loot billions of rupees in convenience with some PAF officials.
Investigation Office Aslam Abro informed the court when he produced both suspects Tanveer Ahmed and Bilal Tanveer, said to be associated with Maxim Properties, for extension in their physical remand.
The court extended their remand for 14 more days.
During the hearing today, the court was informed about how the land was acquired in the name of ‘shuhada (martyrs) and war heroes’, but only 30 units were allotted to the same out of total 8400 units.
Abro further revealed how the some PAF officials allegedly made millions by luring their own fellows into purchasing the housing units.
According to the NAB, the suspects are involved in allegedly depriving the public of Rs18 billion through investments in the FHSK.
- Kashmiris set to observe Indian Republic Day as Black Day07:12 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Iran to host technology investors from 8 countries including Pakistan ...07:08 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- China: Coronavirus death toll hits 4107:03 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Brad Pitt takes ownership of mistakes that ruined his and Aniston's ...01:55 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PISA 2020: Sajal Aly bags nomination for ‘Best TV Actress’ award01:45 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019