PM Imran directs to reduce non-development spending in upcoming budget
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan that directed to reduce non-development spending and increase development expenditure in the upcoming budget which is being presented amid COVID-19 outbreak..
While chairing a high level meeting in Islamabad, the premier received briefing from Punjab, KP’s economic teams about the priorities of the proposed budget for the financial year 2020-21 which was attended by Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Information Minister Shibli Faraz, Minister for Industry Hamad Azhar, Planning Minister Asad Umar, Advisors Dr Abdul Hafeez Sheikh, Abdul Razzaq Dawood, Dr Ishrat Hussain and Syed Zulfiqar Abbas Bukhari.
In view of these circumstances, he directed to set priorities especially for those projects and to put into practice those priorities which would create employment opportunities and accelerate the wheel of the economy.
The Prime Minister said in large urban areas where the Corona virus outbreak has had a devastating effect, full employment opportunities should be created and directed to pay special attention to the development of the industrial sector and agriculture.
In order to meet the national and provincial development needs and ensure the participation of the private sector in development projects, the Prime Minister called for facilitating the private sector for the accomplishment of projects under public-private partnership.
In this regard, the Prime Minister was also given a special briefing on the priorities in the budget for the development of special economic zones and agriculture sector.
The premier directed the provincial governments to pay special attention to the up gradation of the health sector with regard to development projects and emphasized to shun unnecessary government expenditure.
- Pakistan’s Google team briefs steps towards digitization, computer ...12:44 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Daraz Humqadam supports 45,000 businesses, empowers 5,500 SMEs to ...11:14 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020