Pakistan decides to strictly monitor SOPs issued against Covid-19
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) led Federal government has decided to strictly monitor the SOPs issued to protect people against the spread of Covid-19.
In a media briefing in Islamabad, Special Assistant on Health Dr Zafar Mirza said that wearing face masks is mandatory and no leniency will be tolerated in this regard.
He said it is obligatory to wear mask while visiting shops, markets and other places of public gathering as it can help stop the spread of disease by 40 to 60 percent.
Dr Zafar warned that action would be taken against those who do not observe the SOPs adding that the government is working on an integrated strategy against corona virus.
He said 74 percent of those who died in Pakistan were above 50 years of age and most of them had previous underlying health conditions.
Giving latest statistics about the corona situation in the country, 34 percent people, who were found corona positive, have completely recovered, over 5,000 people are admitted in various hospitals of the country, with 262 on ventilators.
- Seven Indian soldiers killed in bus accident near disputed border ...11:57 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Rs28 billion relief package for the poor will be part of next budget, ...11:35 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif to visit Turkey next week, says Foreign ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief09:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Anushka Sharma looks stunning in latest pictures08:19 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022