Pakistan decides to strictly monitor SOPs issued against Covid-19
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) led Federal government has decided to strictly monitor the SOPs issued to protect people against the spread of Covid-19.
In a media briefing in Islamabad, Special Assistant on Health Dr Zafar Mirza said that wearing face masks is mandatory and no leniency will be tolerated in this regard.
He said it is obligatory to wear mask while visiting shops, markets and other places of public gathering as it can help stop the spread of disease by 40 to 60 percent.
Dr Zafar warned that action would be taken against those who do not observe the SOPs adding that the government is working on an integrated strategy against corona virus.
He said 74 percent of those who died in Pakistan were above 50 years of age and most of them had previous underlying health conditions.
Giving latest statistics about the corona situation in the country, 34 percent people, who were found corona positive, have completely recovered, over 5,000 people are admitted in various hospitals of the country, with 262 on ventilators.
- Pakistan surpasses 259,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,477 confirmed ...07:47 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan minister tells reason behind reduction in coronavirus cases07:19 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Gold prices hit new high of Rs109,35007:07 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- K-Electric to face NAB inquiry over loadshedding, flouting agreement06:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Army chief offers help to Italy in fight against COVID-1906:32 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- YouTube takes down Hadiqa Kiani’s song about Kashmir02:43 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali experimenting with her cooking skills01:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Yasir Hussain is being subjected to online harassment & bullying: ...01:03 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020