President Alvi approves 'mini budget' ahead of IMF review
ISLAMABAD – President Dr Arif Alvi has approved the Finance (Supplementary) Bill 2021-22 under Article-75 of the Constitution.
The Finance (Supplementary) Bill 2021, aimed at helping the government meet the International Monetary Fund’s conditions for clearance of Pakistan’s sixth review of the $6 billion Extended Fund Facility (EFF), was passed this week at a session of the National Assembly amid an heated debate between the government and the opposition.
Also on Thursday, the State Bank of Pakistan (Amendment) Bill 2021 was passed by the lower house.
Prime Minister Imran Khan remained in the house for most of the session’s duration, which lasted until midnight.
Opposition Leader Shehbaz Sharif, Pakistan People's Party Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari and former president Asif Ali Zardari also remained in the assembly for most of the session.
NA passes 'mini-budget', SBP bill amid opposition ... 08:34 PM | 13 Jan, 2022
ISLAMABAD – The lower house of Pakistani parliament on Thursday passed the State Bank of Pakistan (Amendment) ...
- Raja Riaz appointed Opposition leader in National Assembly09:45 PM | 20 May, 2022
- PNS Badar: Pakistan Navy launches MILGEM-class ship09:12 PM | 20 May, 2022
- LIVE: Ex-PM Imran Khan addresses public gathering in Multan08:42 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Zameen.com organises first edition of Pakistan Property Event in Qatar08:05 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's new dance video goes viral05:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022