PM Imran condoles Dr Mustafa Kamal Pasha's death from coronavirus
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has conveyed his condolences to the family of Nishtar Medical University Vice-Chancellor and senior doctor Mustafa Kamal Pasha, who succumbed to COVID-19 at a private hospital on Wednesday.
"My condolences & prayers go to the [family] of Mustafa Kamal Pasha, VC Nishtar Medical University [who] passed away as a result of COVID19," the Pakistani premier said in a statement.
My condolences & prayers go to the families of Mustafa Kamal Pasha, VC Nishtar Medical University, & Nadeem Mumtaz - both of whom passed away as a result of COVID19. Nadeem Mumtaz and I were together in Aitchison for 9 years.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) July 15, 2020
Dr Pasha had been admitted at the hospital since June 14 after he tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Dr Pasha was the first Vice-Chancellor of the Nishtar Medical University and a specialist surgeon.
He was 62. He was son of Dr Rafique, former MS and Principal of Nishtar Medical College.
The late professor of surgery was shifted to ventilator in a private hospital after his condition got deteriorated on night of 4th July.
According to official spokesman of the university, Mr Pasha had developed COVID-19 over three weeks ago and was hospitalized when he started feeling difficulty in breathing.
A day before shifting to ventilator, his nose began bleeding that led doctors to put him on vent after worsening condition. His lungs got affected due to coronavirus which deteriorated his health badly with passage of time.
- Emirates announces first annual loss in 30 years11:59 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4010:04 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Two injured as PTI, PML-N lawmakers toss copies of budget book at ...09:27 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021