Fawad Chaudhry named in police complaint for slapping anchorperson Sami Abraham
A police complaint lodged by Sami Abraham states he was in Dynasty Hotel to attend the wedding ceremony of Mian Rasheed’s daughter when the incident happened.
Sami Abraham, in his application, requested the authorities to take legal action against Fawad Chaudhry for abusing him and threatening him of dire consequences.
Fellow journalists Arshad Sharif, Rauf Klasra, DG FIA Basheer Memon and PTI lawmaker Farrukh Habib were also present among others in the ceremony when Fawad Chaudhry slapped Sami Abraham.
As soon as the journalists expressed sympathy with Sami Abraham, the minister contended that journalism was in danger because of yellow journalists, calling for a campaign against it.
آپ کو غصہ صرف امیر anchors کیلئےکیوں آتا ہے جب عابد راہی جیسے سیلف میڈ غریب صحافیوں کو سمیع ابراہیم جیسےمافیاز تنخواہیں نہیں دیتے اس وقت آپ کی صحافت خطرے میں کیوں نہیں آتی؟دراصل صحافت کو خطرہ زرد صحافیوں سے ہے اور زرد صحافت کیخلاف مہم چلانا ہو گی #NoToYellowJournalism https://t.co/XRgf7Yjkbe— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) June 15, 2019
Journalists, including Rauf Klasra, confirmed the incident on Twitter and expressed dismay at the minister for insulting the anchorperson.
In an interaction with a private TV channel, Fawad Ch played down the incident and expressed that the premier had more vital issues to think over instead of the recent clash between him and Abraham.
- BANvPAK: Rain frustrates Shaheens and Tigers as Day 2 of second Test ...03:28 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Jhang Assistant Commissioner gunned down over enmity in Chiniot02:29 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan dispatches free medicines worth Rs25mn to Afghanistan12:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- At least 13 civilians shot dead by Indian army in case of 'mistaken ...12:24 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Co-actor held for recording, sharing nude videos of stage actors in ...11:49 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021