Blossoming Gwadar to have 300mw coal-based power plant, says GPA chief
Dostain Khan Jamaldini, the chairman of the Gwadar Port Authority (GPA), stated this while briefing the National Assembly Standing Committee on Planning, Development and Reform meeting chaired by Abdul Majeed Khan Khanankhail on Wednesday.
Jamaldini added that the power plant, which is a component of flagship China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) initiative of the Governments of China and Pakistan, will be established by a Chinese company.
China Communications Construction Company Ltd (CCCC) is working on the 300MW power project utilising imported coal at Gwadar, Balochistan.
He said that Gawadar port has been made functional with the arrival of ship as the first ship China’s state-owned shipping and logistics services supplier company visited port on March 7 and another ship on March 14.
On March 7, COSCO dispatched the first ever commercial shipment from Pakistan’s port city of Gwadar to UAE, marking the start of a new era of global trade from this South Asian country.
First commercial shipment from Gwadar leaves for ... 05:58 PM | 7 Mar, 2018
QUETTA - China’s state-owned shipping and logistics services supplier company (COSCO) on Wednesday dispatched the ...
The GPA head further informed the meeting that China Overseas Port Holding Company (COPHC) has completed feasibility study for the construction of 1000 meter long new terminal with 5 additional berths, read a press release issued by the National Assembly.
He further said that the Chinese company installed a sanitation plant with the capacity of two lac gallon in the Gwadar.
The committee was informed that the paperwork of the Pakistan Railway project ML-1 is completed and up-gradation of the ML-1 would be started within 3 months.
The meeting was attended by MNA Malik Ibrar Ahmed, Dr. Asma Mamdot, Shazia Sohil Mir, Shamas-un-Nisa, Shaheen Shafiq and Mr. Iftikhar-ud-Din. The senior officers from the Ministry of Planning, Development and Reform also attended the meeting.
- It's not a good time to talk to India about better relations: PM Imran12:48 AM | 26 Oct, 2021
- PAKvNZ: After hunting down India, Pakistan ready to take on New ...12:18 AM | 26 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran holds meetings with Saudi crown prince, Bahraini counterpart ...11:27 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran congratulates Uzbek president on reelection10:55 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Thank You, Pakistan, For Welcoming Cricket Live Streaming For Free!10:31 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Mira Sethi questions the definition of masculinity that targets ...07:15 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Twitter hilariously trolls Akshay Kumar after Pakistan's victory ...05:38 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Babar Azam's father breaks into tears after Pakistan’s victory ...04:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021