Gohar Mumtaz breaks silence over breakup with Atif Aslam & Farhan Saeed
The song was written and composed by Goher and sung by Atif. By the time the song was released, it became a major hit in the subcontinent and all radio and TV stations started playing that song.
After the major hit of Adat Goher & Atif started getting concert queries they then decided to give a proper name to their band, so they named it Jal (water in Urdu) and performed in various concerts with this name and line-up of Goher on Guitars and Atif on Vocals.
Later on, Atif left the band because of some differences and he pursued his solo career while Goher formed the new line-up, and brought Farhan Saeed on vocals and Amir Sheraz (Shazi) on bass.
With this new line-up, Jal released their first studio album Aadat in 2003. The album was a major hit in both Pakistan and India and won various awards. In 2011 Farhan Saeed left the band because of some personal differences and Goher took the position of lead vocalist and brought Saad Sultan on lead guitar.
Recently, singer cum TV actor Gohar Mumtaz was invited to have a candid talk with the legendary host Samina Peerzada where he shared his side of the story of the breakup with Atif Aslam a few years ago.
Talking about Atif, Gohar revealed: "I and Atif were pretty young at that time. It was too early for us. and we were kids at that time. Whatever happened, should not have happened."
Gohar also recollected memories of performing with Farhan Saeed, saying: "The reason that Farhan left the band was not a fight or anything. He just wanted to do something new. I was also discovering myself."
Mumtaz also shared that he misses his old band members.
Watch the complete interview here:
Do you wish to see these talented singers together? Let us know in the comments box below.
- AC Narowal Tehniyat Bukhari made OSD for ‘misbehaving’ with women ...11:27 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Punjab extends lockdown till May 30 fearing spike in Covid cases10:47 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Pakistan records 2,379 new Covid-19 cases, 76 deaths in 24 hours10:21 AM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Senior politician Begum Naseem Wali Khan is no more!09:49 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021