Zuhaib Shaikh targets Bilal Lashari for plagiarising Maula Jatt's storyline
KARACHI - The first trailer of Pakistani film The Legend of Maula Jatt is finally out. The trailer was getting a great response by the viewers and people seemed to be waiting excitedly for the remake of the Pakistani classic hit of the 1970s.
However, social media user, Zuhaib Shaikh is disappointed. He shared his story in a recent Facebook post.
Shaikh mentioned that Bilal Lashari had copied his storyline and treatments which he had done in 2012-2015.
Zuhaib has written an elaborate post in which he shared how unethically writers are treated in the Pakistani showbiz industry.
He also mentioned that the writers are not being paid on time, and expressed disappointment that their work was plagiarised without taking any permission.
He further stated that he is not going to take any legal action until the movie is released. Zuhaib stated that he is in the process of approaching the court for justice.
Here is the post:
As soon as Zuhaib shared the post, people shared pouring in their thoughts:
In 2014, Bilal Lashari announced that he would be directing Maula Jatt saying: "This will be my take on Gandasa films which are blamed for the death of Lollywood. I think the Gandasa genre was a missed opportunity for Pakistani cinema, and what better choice to utilize it then by paying homage to the cult classic Maula Jatt."
Till now Bilal Lashari has not responded to Zuhaib's claims and we are waiting for the response from the other side. Stay tuned for more updates.
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PTM's Mohsin Dawar among 15 arrested in Islamabad06:50 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019