Pakistan cricket team off to UAE for T20 World Cup
LAHORE – The Pakistani T20 World Cup squad, led by skipper Babar Azam, left for Dubai on Friday for the mega cricket event.
The Shaheens flew from Lahore’s Allama Iqbal International Airport for the UAE in a chartered plane.
The men in green will stay in quarantine for a day in the UAE.
Pakistan is scheduled to play two warm-up matches against the West Indies and South Africa on October 18 and 20, respectively.
The Pakistani team, along with their family members and support staff were taken to the airport under tight security.
Millions of fans will be eager to witness Pakistan begin their bid for the trophy with a high-octane clash against arch rival India on October 24 at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium.
The two neighbours will come face-to-face for the first time since their 2019, 50-over World Cup fixture at Manchester, and this will be the sixth time they will compete in the global T20 tournament.
Babar Azam birthday: Wishes pour in on social ... 12:00 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
Pakistan cricket team skipper and world's number one ranked ODI batsman Babar Azam received love and wishes on his 27th ...
- Barbados all set to remove Queen Elizabeth as head of state next week12:44 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- 10-year-old girl spotted driving car on Faisalabad’s busy road11:02 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- KP judge suspended as Lower Dir woman comes up with rape, bribery ...10:09 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- PIA announces to operate 35 weekly flights to Saudi Arabia09:40 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to take new census next year for 2023 general election09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021