Search

ad

First poster for late Chaudhry Aslam's biopic is out!

11:31 AM | 16 Apr, 2019
First poster for late Chaudhry Aslam's biopic is out!
KARACHI - The makers of a biopic based on the life and times of Pakistan's highly revered  Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) late Chaudhary Aslam have released its first look and it is intense.

The biopic titled Chaudhry: The Martyr pays homage to Chaudhry Aslam known for his audacious services to Sindh Police.  The poster shows Chaudhry Aslam, played by famed actor Tariq Aslam, in his signature white shalwar kameez style.

The movie also stars  Arbaaz Khan in the role of SSP Rao Anwar. According to sources, 90% of the movie's shooting is done in Karachi while the rest 10% in Abbottabad.

Late Chaudhry Aslam


The film will also showcase some important incidents that have occurred in Karachi involving SSP Aslam. To show Chaudhary Aslam’s real struggle in the movie, the actors are getting trained under the Services of Special Unit (SSU).

Here is the first poster for upcoming Chaudhry Aslam's biopic:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwOoEcuAgOF/?utm_source=ig_embed

Aslam joined the Sindh Police force in 1987 as SHO and served in several police stations across Karachi and in Balochistan due to provincial allocation. Chaudhry Aslam gained fame after working as an encounter specialist from 1992-1994 and 1996-1997. Chaudhry was suspended and came back to service in 2004 and was given the of eradicating target killers. Later he was ordered to lead the LTF (Lyari Task Force) and end the gang war in Lyari Town.

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/pakistan/sp-chaudhry-aslams-security-guard-behind-attack-on-his-house-suspects-make-shocking-disclosures/

On 9 January 2014, he was martyred in a bomb blast carried out by Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan. During his lifetime, the police officer had left no stone unturned in his pursuit to defeat the Taliban, especially in a sprawling urban center like Karachi.

Currently, there is no definitive release date set for the highly anticipated film. However, sources reveal that it is set to hit theaters next year.

 

Advertisement

Pakistani rupee exchange rate against US dollar, Euro, Pound and Riyal - 20 Feb 2024

Pakistani currency remained largely stable against US dollar and other currencies in the open market on February 20, 2024 (Tuesday).

US Dollar rate in Pakistan

In the open market, the US dollar was being quoted at 279.05 for buying and 282.1 for selling.

On Tuesday, Euro stands at 301 for buying and 304 for selling while British Pound rate stands at 352.4 for buying, and 355.4 for selling.

UAE Dirham AED hovers at 76.55 whereas the Saudi Riyal saw slight increase, with new rates at 74.2.

Today’s currency exchange rates in Pakistan - 20 Feb 2024

Source: Forex Association of Pakistan. (last update 09:00 AM)
Currency Symbol Buying Selling
US Dollar USD 279.05 282.1
Euro EUR 301 304
UK Pound Sterling GBP 352.4 355.4
U.A.E Dirham AED 76.55 77.25
Saudi Riyal SAR 74.2 75
Australian Dollar AUD 180 182
Bahrain Dinar BHD 743.12 751.12
Canadian Dollar CAD 206.5 208.5
China Yuan CNY 38.84 39.24
Danish Krone DKK 40.24 40.64
Hong Kong Dollar HKD 35.74 36.09
Indian Rupee INR 3.48 3.59
Japanese Yen JPY 2.10 2.18
Kuwaiti Dinar KWD 906.33 915.33
Malaysian Ringgit MYR 58.6 59.2
New Zealand Dollar NZD 170.1 172.1
Norwegians Krone NOK 26.43 26.73
Omani Riyal OMR 725.75 733.75
Qatari Riyal QAR 76.76 77.46
Singapore Dollar SGD 207 207
Swedish Korona SEK 26.85 27.15
Swiss Franc CHF 315.64 318.14
Thai Bhat THB 7.93 8.08

Advertisement

Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Sign up for Newsletter