TCL unveils prototype of world’s first foldable and rollable mobile phone
China-based tech giant, TCL, has unveiled a concept mobile phone Fold ‘n Roll with two different ways to extend the display.
The firm aims at rolling out the device, equipped with next general hinges and mechanics to support the action, later this year.
In normal condition, the prototype has a 6.87” screen, which can unfold to 8.85”. The rollable mechanism extends that to 10,” reported GSMARENA. com.
TCL has a vast interest in advanced screen technologies as it’s the parent company of CSOT, China’s leading display maker that develops everything from small phone screens to large TV screens.
The Chinese firm is also in contact with partners to find a way to use glass to make the screen more durable as the concept device use plastic for now.
TCL cautions that it will require some time to launch the devices like the Fold ‘n Roll. The company has official not shared further details in this regard.
realme8 Series Launch Event Photo Leaked 08:35 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
Tech companies around the world are pretty tight-lipped about their products and guard the information fiercely. Hence, ...
- Covid scare at G7 meeting after Indian delegates test positive06:39 PM | 5 May, 2021
- IMF loan conditions carry political cost, says Pakistan finance ...06:26 PM | 5 May, 2021
- HBL enables e-Commerce Transactions for all PayPak Cards05:43 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Punjab announces complete lockdown from May 805:33 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Jailed Kashmiri Hurriyat leader Ashraf Sehrai dies in Indian custody05:05 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Eshal Fayyaz gets candid about her marriage rumours with ...01:47 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Deepika Padukone, family test positive as India’s coronavirus surge ...10:54 AM | 5 May, 2021