Selfie phobia claims three lives in Peshawar
According to an eyewitness, the girl, Safia Atif, was trying to take a selfie along the river when she slipped and fell, while Safia's mother, Shazia Atif, then jumped in to save her daughter but was swept away, adding that seeing both his wife and daughter drowning, the father, Atif Hussain, also jumped in to rescue them but he also met a similar fate.
“The dead bodies of the mother and daughter have been recovered while we are still looking for the body of Hussain,” an official said and added that the parents were doctors from Punjab and had taken their family to the area on holiday. They are survived by a nine-year-old daughter and six-year-old son who witnessed the event.
Kunhar River flows through Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, at a hilly tourist spot in Beesian village, some 200 kilometres north of Islamabad. The deep, rocky and fast flowing river is popular for white-water rafting.
- Taliban delegation begins talks with Western officials, rights ...11:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Over 22,000 government officers in Pakistan are dual national: Report11:05 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- South Africa clean sweep ODI series against India10:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Turkey launching 50 new development projects in Pakistan this year10:17 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- British lawmaker claims she was removed as minister over 'Muslimness'09:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Asim Azhar wishes Merub Ali on her birthday04:19 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021