Selfie phobia claims three lives in Peshawar
According to an eyewitness, the girl, Safia Atif, was trying to take a selfie along the river when she slipped and fell, while Safia's mother, Shazia Atif, then jumped in to save her daughter but was swept away, adding that seeing both his wife and daughter drowning, the father, Atif Hussain, also jumped in to rescue them but he also met a similar fate.
“The dead bodies of the mother and daughter have been recovered while we are still looking for the body of Hussain,” an official said and added that the parents were doctors from Punjab and had taken their family to the area on holiday. They are survived by a nine-year-old daughter and six-year-old son who witnessed the event.
Kunhar River flows through Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, at a hilly tourist spot in Beesian village, some 200 kilometres north of Islamabad. The deep, rocky and fast flowing river is popular for white-water rafting.
- PIA starts Karachi-Damascus direct flights this month09:56 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Pakistan increases pensions of national cricketers by Rs100,00009:34 AM | 20 May, 2022
- FM Bilawal Bhutto defends ex-PM Imran’s Russia visit in US09:23 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Pakistan’s ex-foreign minister Sardar Asif Ahmad dies in Lahore09:00 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:26 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022