US pop superstar Madonna celebrates her 58th birthday in Cuba
The Material Girl's visit got a write-up in the Cuban Communist party's official newspaper, Granma, which reported that she "toured different city squares to start the first day of her visit, which will last until Wednesday."
It said US pop superstar was in Cuba with her eldest daughter, Lourdes, a 19-year-old model whose father is Cuban dancer and fitness trainer Carlos Leon.
American photographer Steven Klein and stylists B. Akerlund and Andy Lecompte are traveling with them, it said.
The news site Cubadebate said Madonna was planning a "big party" Tuesday with the "rhythms and flavors" of Cuba.
Madonna is the latest in a string of US celebrities to visit Cuba since its historic rapprochement with long-time enemy the United States was announced in December 2014.
- China announces 'over 6%' economic growth target, tech plans02:44 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Biden picks another Pakistani-American for key role02:30 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Five PSL gamblers arrested in Karachi01:19 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021