India to build 18-kilometre-long tunnel road along LoC
According to Economic Times reported, the longest road tunnel with at an estimated cost of $1.3 billion, the road tunnel will connect Gurez town in the northern part of Indian Kashmir with the rest of the valley.
“We have submitted a proposal to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways for construction of an 18-kilometre tunnel at Razdhan pass to connect Gurez with rest of the Valley throughout the year,” India’s official news agency PTI quoted chief engineer of the Border Road Organisation (BRO), Brigadier AK Das, as saying.
If approved, Gurez tunnel will be the longest in the country and almost double the size of Chenani-Nashri tunnel on the Jammu-Srinagar national highway in the disputed region which is expected to be completed later this year.
- Pakistan hosts roundtable discussion with ASEAN Heads of Missions11:35 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Lahore college lecturer killed after kite string slits throat11:02 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Twitter reminds PM Imran of his 'respect' for Chaudhry brothers as ...10:11 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Zarb-e-Hadeed – COAS Bajwa visits field training area in Cholistan ...09:25 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' – Indian actor accused of sexual assault04:30 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Feroze Khan wins Best Actor award for Ishqiya03:03 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021