India to build 18-kilometre-long tunnel road along LoC
According to Economic Times reported, the longest road tunnel with at an estimated cost of $1.3 billion, the road tunnel will connect Gurez town in the northern part of Indian Kashmir with the rest of the valley.
“We have submitted a proposal to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways for construction of an 18-kilometre tunnel at Razdhan pass to connect Gurez with rest of the Valley throughout the year,” India’s official news agency PTI quoted chief engineer of the Border Road Organisation (BRO), Brigadier AK Das, as saying.
If approved, Gurez tunnel will be the longest in the country and almost double the size of Chenani-Nashri tunnel on the Jammu-Srinagar national highway in the disputed region which is expected to be completed later this year.
- Babar Azam reacts to becoming No.1 ODI batsman in the world (VIDEO)07:32 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Nora Fatehi, Madhuri Dixit set the stage on fire with killer dance ...07:01 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Hundreds of Indian devotees contract COVID-19 at Kumbh festival06:00 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- In world first, New Zealand to roll out climate change law05:40 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Rangers deployed in Punjab districts amid violent TLP protests05:22 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Malaika Arora' latest pics spark engagement rumours04:02 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Sami Khan tests positive for COVID-1903:05 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Atif Aslam set to release a new naat this Ramadan03:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021