Qatar, UAE donate $55 million for Syrian refugees
According to the Qatar News Agency, the donation will be used for Syrian refugees in Turkey, Lebanon, and Jordan as well as displaced people within Syria.
It added that the Qatar Development Fund, in coordination with the White Helmets civil defense agency and UN agencies, will be responsible for spending the amount in direct humanitarian relief programs.
Turkey hosts more than 3.5 million Syrian refugees, more than any other country in the world.
Meanwhile, the United Arab Emirates' Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan Foundation is donating AED18.4 million (US$5 million) in urgent relief aid to Syrian refugees in Lebanon who are facing harsh winter conditions, Emirates News Agency (WAM) said on Wednesday.
The move under the directive of UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan is part of extensive humanitarian efforts to help relieve the struggles of displaced Syrians in Lebanon, especially during the winter season, reaching the most impoverished families scattered throughout Lebanese territories.
Recently, successive storms have flooded Syrian refugee camps with rainwater, destroying tents, mattresses and food supplies.
Syria has only just begun to emerge from a devastating conflict that began in 2011 when the Bashar al-Assad regime cracked down on demonstrators with unexpected ferocity.
- Supreme Court grants bail to MNA Ali Wazir01:35 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Lionel Messi wins Ballon d’Or 2021 to claim record seventh title01:00 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- IHC CJ directs Rana Shamim to submit written reply, original ...12:20 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- PTA grants license to Select Technologies11:35 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:25 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir spotted enjoying Asim Azhar's concert in Karachi06:21 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Juvaria Abbasi and Anoushey Abbasi's mother passes away05:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari shares new adorable photo with son Mir Hakim04:45 PM | 29 Nov, 2021