Pakistan bashes Indian for harassing diplomats in Delhi
ISLAMABAD – Foreign Office spokesperson Aisha Farooqui said that some form of harassment and threats were daily occurrences for Pakistani diplomats and staff members in New Delhi, India.
In a statement, she said this was an ongoing situation to intimidate and to restrict them from carrying out their official responsibilities.
The FO issued the statement a day after Indian forces surrounded Pakistan High Commission following the arrest of two employees of Indian embassy in Islamabad were arrested over a hit-and-run case.
The men in plain clothes also harassed and tailed the diplomatic staff in India’s capital.
The arrested employees of the Indian High Commission however were released by Islamabad police due to diplomatic immunity.
Indian forces surround Pakistani high commission ... 07:31 PM | 15 Jun, 2020
NEW DELHI – Following the arrest of two official of Indian High Commission in Islamabad over a hit-and-run ...
On Monday, police in Pakistan said they had arrested two Indian embassy officials for attempting to flee after running over a man in the country’s capital city.
A BMW car, carrying the Indian officials, hit a pedestrian who was walking on the embassy road in Islamabad at around 8am and attempted to flee. The pedestrian was critically injured and shifted to a hospital for treatment.
Eyewitnesses told the local media the car was being driven irresponsibly and had gotten out of control due to overspeeding.
The car was stopped by a huge crowd of people who handed over the two men to Islamabad Police.
On their arrest, it was discovered that the two persons were officials of the Indian High Commission.
The police had also recovered counterfeit Currency worth Rs10,000 from their possession.
- Four Pakistan soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Housing minister Tariq Basheer Cheema tests positive for coronavirus08:26 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- New optical fibre cable operationalized from Khunjrab to Islamabad: ...07:39 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Indian troops kill another Kashmiri ahead of Martyrs’ Day06:59 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020