Pakistan “will never recognise Israel”
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan’s foreign minister on Tuesday reaffirmed Pakistan's stance on Israel and clarified that the South Asian county will never recognise Israel.
Shah Mehmood Qureshi strongly rejected the statements attributed to him and the prime minister about the recognition of Israel, according to state broadcaster, adding there is “no truth” in them.
"I want to make it clear that the rumours of recognising Israel are baseless and not true," the federal minister was quoted by Radio Pakistan in his policy statement in the National Assembly
“Pakistan is a supporter of the two-state ideology,” he said as he reiterated that Pakistan, by no means, will recognise Israel under the influence of any Arab country.
"We want a two-state solution to the Palestinian issue and demand that Al-Quds Al-Sharif should be the capital of Palestine," FM Qureshi told the NA session. He added that his party’s position on Palestine is the same as that of the former governments of Pakistan Muslim League- Nawaz (PML-N) and Pakistan People's Party (PPP).
- #CSS2020: Shazia Ishaq becomes first PSP officer from Chitral09:38 PM | 6 May, 2021
- PM Imran announces funeral grant for overseas Pakistanis08:46 PM | 6 May, 2021
- First pictures of prime suspect in British woman's murder in Pakistan ...07:54 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Father declares Haniya Khan ‘mentally unstable’ after she creates ...07:12 PM | 6 May, 2021
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern plans summer wedding03:45 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Bushra Ansari's sister Sumbul Shahid loses battle to COVID-1903:35 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi reveals ex-husband Shamoon Abbasi is also her ...04:32 PM | 6 May, 2021