Pakistan announces 2-week spring holidays for all educational institutions amid Covid-19 surge
ISLAMABAD – Education Minister Shafqat Mahmood said on Wednesday that educational institutions in seven cities of Punjab will close down for two weeks from March 15 amid rising coronavirus cases.
Speaking in a press conference with SAPM Dr. Faisal Sultan, after a meeting of the country’s top health authority, he also announced to review the situation after two weeks of holidays.
Shafqat Mehmood said educational institutions in Lahore, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Gujrat, Rawalpindi, Multan and Sialkot will remain close for two weeks for Spring break. Islamabad and Muzaffarabad institutions will also remain close for a certain period, he added.
Institutions that are going through final examinations are not bound to shut down under new implementations.
These steps have taken while keeping in mind the nearly 50 million children that attend educational institutions and this sector has a direct effect on the spread of the novel disease.
Briefing about the Covid-19 pandemic in Balochistan and Sindh, he added that educational institutions in these provinces will follow the policy of 50 percent attendance.
Three more colleges sealed in Islamabad over ... 10:45 PM | 9 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Three more educational institutions were closed on Tuesday in the capital after novel coronavirus ...
He further added that the provincial governments will keep reviewing the situation and, if the situation deteriorates, we will close schools where necessary. Schools should continue monitoring their situations individually and should act on unusual cases.
SAPM Dr. Faisal Sultan said that all parks will close at 6 pm while indoor dining and other activities will be suspended for two weeks. Offices have also been directed to work with 50 percent of staff, he added.
Pakistan kicks off second phase of Covid-19 ... 10:35 AM | 10 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Starting today, senior citizens, those above the age of 60, will be allowed to get immunized with the ...
- ‘Flying Sikh’ Milkha Singh dies at 91 from Covid-19 complications01:25 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Indian villagers set up 'Corona Mata' temple to ward off deadly virus01:08 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- USAID provides more anti-Covid assistance to Pakistan10:53 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan values UK’s balanced role in global, regional affairs: ...09:50 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- On this day in 2017, Pakistan defeated India to win maiden ICC ...09:06 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021