Dangal takes over Chinese Box Office
Aamir Khan's Dangal saw a ground-breaking run at the Indian box-office upon its release in the December of 2016. The Nitesh Tiwari directed film has now once again seen a rise in its worldwide collection of more than Rs 1100 crore (the worldwide total is still a little difficult to predict at this point) following its release in China in the first week of May.
The movie has been reported to cash a heaping Rs 417 crore at the Chinese BO. If the box-office hit continues to maintain the same pace in terms of its business across borders, then it is expected to cross the Rs 500 crore mark pretty soon.
Dangal tells the story of Indian wrestler and coach Mahavir Singh Phogat's efforts to train his two daughters Geeta and Babita to become renowned world-class wrestlers.
The flick has earned a total of Rs 387.38 crore in India, becoming the first Bollywood film to cross the 360-crore mark and the highest grossing film in Indian cinema.
- US Ambassador Donald Blome says devastation caused by Pakistan floods ...11:50 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022