US forces leave key Afghanistan military base
KABUL – The United States has completed its withdrawal from Kandahar Airfield in southern Afghanistan, which is the second largest military base in the country for American forces.
A spokesperson of the Afghan Army in Kandahar said it was also the centre of the biggest drone operation by US Special Forces in Afghanistan.
Meanwhile, the Afghan Defence Ministry announced that it has taken control of Camp Morehead, a US base in Kabul where American troops trained the Afghan military.
US forces did not hold a handover ceremony at the base, which housed an estimated 30,000 troops and contractors at the height of the war.
The US plans to fully withdraw its 2,500-3,500 service members from Afghanistan by Sept. 11. On Monday, US Central Command said the withdrawal was 6-12% complete.
US, NATO start withdrawal of troops from Afghan ... 06:33 PM | 25 Apr, 2021
KABUL – Foreign forces have started vaccating a number of bases in Afghanistan, top military NATO commander said ...
- USAID provides more anti-Covid assistance to Pakistan10:53 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan values UK’s balanced role in global, regional affairs: ...09:50 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- On this day in 2017, Pakistan defeated India to win maiden ICC ...09:06 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- AJK minister quits PML-N to join PTI ahead of July 25 polls08:41 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Budget2021-22: KPK increases salaries, pensions and minimum wage08:20 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021