British PM Boris Johnson self-isolating again after MP contracts Covid-19
LONDON – British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is self-Isolating once again around six months after he recovered from the Covid-19 in April 2020.
He adopted quarantine after he met an MP who later tested positive for coronavirus.
Johnson on Thursday met Ashfield MP Lee Anderson who has since tested positive.
In a tweet, Johnson said: “Hi folks, I’ve been instructed by our NHS Test & Trace scheme to self-isolate for two weeks, after being in contact with someone with Covid-19”.
Hi folks, I’ve been instructed by our NHS Test & Trace scheme to self-isolate for two weeks, after being in contact with someone with Covid-19.— Boris Johnson (@BorisJohnson) November 16, 2020
I’m in good health and have no symptoms, and will continue to lead on our response to the virus & our plans to #BuildBackBetter pic.twitter.com/yNgIme8lOz
The premier further said that he was in good health and developed not symptoms.
“I’m in good health and have no symptoms, and will continue to lead on our response to the virus & our plans to #BuildBackBetter,” he wrote.
The news came as No 10 said the prime minister would make "critical announcements" about coronavirus.
On April 12, Johnson was discharged from the St. Thomas Hospital in London after recovering from the coronavirus disease.
Johnson, 55, had been taken to St Thomas' hospital, in London, 10 days after testing positive for the virus. He had three nights in intensive care before returning to a ward.
- PM Shehbaz Sharif visits Mansehra today01:04 PM | 29 May, 2022
- Israeli president confirms meeting with Pakistani expats’ delegation12:25 PM | 29 May, 2022
- Pakistan likely to hike gas tariff after withdrawing petroleum ...11:59 AM | 29 May, 2022
- Pakistani delegation leaves for India for talks on water disputes11:16 AM | 29 May, 2022
- Watch – Saba Qamar loses her cool at press conference09:36 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan gets clean chit in drugs case07:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Ghana Ali expresses her resentment towards Maryam Nawaz09:12 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022