Ex-chief ministers of Gilgit-Baltistan suffer defeat in election 2020
Gilgit: Former two chief ministers of Gilgit-Balistan have failed to win elections in their stronghold constituencies, according to unofficial results.
Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Syed Mehdi Shah, the first chief minister of the region, and his successor, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) could not get higher votes despite massive election campaign by their party leaders.
As per unofficial results, Centre-ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leads the polls with nine seats while independent candidates have bagged seven seats.
Gilgit-Baltistan Election 2020: PTI leads with 9 ... 11:59 PM | 15 Nov, 2020
SKARDU – Election officials have started to count votes after a day-long polling process for Gilgit-Baltistan ...
PPP won three seats and it is followed by the PML-N with two seats.
Both major opposition parties in Centre have announced to launch protest against the poll results over alleged rigging.
- Pakistan's first-ever liver auto-transplantation carried out at ...11:20 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Indian troops’ attack on mosque in occupied ...10:33 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- PAKvSA – Pakistan beat South Africa by 4 wickets in first T20I09:06 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- Fawad Alam wants to work with Mahira Khan, Mehwish Hayat after ...07:01 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- Meera debunks rumours about her mental state03:51 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Health tips for fasting in the holy month06:11 PM | 6 Apr, 2021