Punjab senior minister Aleem Khan tests positive for Covid-19
LAHORE – Senior Minister of Punjab, Minister of Food Aleem Khan has tested positive for coronavirus a day after two other provincial minister contracted COVID-19.
The senior leader of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has self-isolated himself soon after his medical report came back positive.
The minister is in stable condition, reported local media.
On Thursday, Punjab Minister for Agriculture Hussain Jahania Gardezi and provinicial Minister for Industries, Commerce and Investment Mian Muhammad Aslam Iqbal tested positive for coronavirus.
Both have quarantined themselves at their homes.
Pakistan has recorded seven more deaths and 659 more cases of COVID-19 during the last 24 hours.
As many as 33,901 tests for the coronavirus were carried out in different parts of the country.
Also, 305,835 people have recovered from the virus while there are now 9,421 active cases in the South Asian country.
- Major university in Islamabad closed down after Covid-19 positive ...11:49 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- ‘Wedding celebrations’ — Video of Kashmala Tariq dancing to ...11:07 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan to propose March 15 declared as Int’l Day against ...09:26 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Punjab decides to raise wheat support price to Rs160008:46 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Turkish President Erdogan urges boycott of French products07:49 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Undefeated UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov announces retirement after ...10:31 AM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Scarlett Johansson to star in 'Bride' for Apple, A2404:06 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- IN PICS: Sana Javed, Umair Jaswal share unseen shots of their Nikkah03:08 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020