Punjab bans Kabaddi in schools after student's death during ‘face-slapping’ game
In a notification issued by the Punjab chief minister’s monitoring force for school education department, the provincial authority informed school administration that “all such activities and games which may cause serious incidents are totally banned”.
The notification further binds the recess in-charge to keep an eye to avoid such incident in future. The head of the institution should “direct all teachers to guide the students to avoid such activities”, it further read.
The announcement has been made following the death of a child in Khanewal earlier this month.
Bilal, a sixth grade student at Government High School Khanewal 115/15-L started a game of ‘thappar-kabaddi’ (face-slapping) with his class fellow Amir during recess time. However, an apparent harmless game turned deadly when Bilal was knocked down to the ground in a matter of seconds and failed to recover from the fatal blow from his friend.
A video footage, circulating on social media, shows the child falling down to the ground after losing his conscious soon after his opponent pounded him with powerful slaps.
The child’s body was later sent home 45 minutes after his tragic death.
- Indian Vice President Naidu tests positive for COVID-1911:47 AM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Balochistan CM directs to launch Green Bus Service in Quetta10:38 AM | 30 Sep, 2020
- FM Qureshi urges UNGA to declare ‘Int’l Day to Combat ...09:52 AM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Petroleum prices likely to be slashed by Rs2 per liter from tomorrow09:16 AM | 30 Sep, 2020
- COAS expresses heartfelt condolence on the sad demise of kuwait’s ...08:53 AM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston reveals that she almost quit Hollywood04:48 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- The Boys – A massive Amazon hit all set to have a spin-off04:19 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Ahad Raza Mir turns 27, receives heartwarming birthday wishes from ...03:57 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020