Imran shifts PTI’s August 13 rally from Islamabad to Lahore
ISLAMABAD – Former ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf has shifted the venue of its 'muscle-flexing' rally from Islamabad to Lahore.
Imran Khan-led PTI first decided to hold the rally at Parade Ground in the country’s federal capital, where its workers planned to stay overnight and then celebrate Independence Day on August 14.
However, the PTI’s political committee in its meeting decided to change the venue. PTI leadership took a 180, days after Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah warned the political party against creating chaos in the federal capital.
Some media reports suggest that Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan was also planning to hold a gathering in Rawalpindi on August 13.
Last week, the new security chief Rana Sanaullah warned the PTI of ‘worst repercussions’ if its protesters created chaos or indulged in blackmailing during the party's upcoming protest which was planned at Parade Ground.
Earlier, Former PM and PTI chief Imran Khan said he will announce strategy to counter the ‘fascism’ during the Islamabad rally.
Islamabad power show: PTI set for massive ... 08:24 PM | 6 Aug, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Former ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf has decided to hold a public gathering at Parade Ground on ...
In his post on social media, the former premier said every era has its Yazids. Khan likened fascism to Yazidiat and termed the incumbent rulers as ‘present-day Yazids’.
Interior Minister says ‘performers giving ... 08:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan’s security chief Rana Sanaullah said that ‘performers who gave an Islamic touch ...
- President, PM express grief over martyrdom of Army officers in ...12:18 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- When is Eid Milad-un Nabi 2022? Here's everything you need to know ...11:52 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Leaked audio clips of PM Shehbaz, ministers up for sale on dark web: ...11:24 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Two Pakistan Army majors among 6 martyred in Balochistan chopper crash10:49 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Sonya Hussyn seen at concert in Toronto after Hum Awards ceremony11:53 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Sehar Khan jokes about Faysal Quraishi's bright coloured shirt10:19 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'Are we sick?' asks Ali Zafar in note on moral standards of society09:16 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022