FAKE NEWS: No student was raped or murdered at GCWUF, confirms VC
LAHORE – GC Women University Faisalabad Vice-Chancellor Dr Sofia Anwar has refuted the news that three students were raped and killed in the institution and announced to take legal action against the person who posted fake news on social media.
In her exclusive interview with Daily Pakistan, the vice chancellor said that the allegation was baseless and the news on social media has no reality.
Dr Sofia said that such rumors were spread by elements who are working on the agenda to deprive women of the right for education. She said that GCWUF authority will take legal action under cybercrime act against the person who posted the fake news to demoralize the reputation of the educational institution.
The vice chancellor informed that the group of people was spreading rumors after GCWUF had taken action against them as they were barred to enter in the University for their ‘Mischievous Activities’.
While rejecting the fake news, Dr Sofia said that it was impossible to hide such a crime from law enforcement agencies, adding that there were CCTV cameras everywhere in the premises and the footage is easily available.
She termed the news self-proclaimed and maintained that the negative agenda to malign the university image by spreading such rumors will remain a failure.
Last week, a tweet emerged on social media, claiming that 3 girls were raped and brutally killed in #GCWUF and their dead bodies were kept in the library, computer lab and bathroom.
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- No Pakistani residing in China affected by coronavirus, says top envoy06:39 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan students in China demand government to evacuate them at once05:54 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Woman killed, five injured after being hit by US Embassy vehicle05:45 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019