Court sends driver on judicial remand in Wasim Akram car attack case
Wasim had alleged that he was shot at following a minor accident earlier this month.
The judge approved the judicial remand of Altaf Ahmed, the driver of the vehicle, till August 28 and ordered police to submit a challan against the suspect on the next date of hearing.
The owner of the vehicle is still on protective bail.
Major Retired Amirur Rehman, was granted pre-arrest bail last week by district and sessions judge Nadeem Ahmed Khan on a surety bond of Rs30,000.
In his bail application, he had claimed the car was being driven by his driver at the time of the accident and that he was unaware that his driver had hit Akram's car. He maintained that it was his driver who had argued with Akram.
But the driver told investigators that he was not responsible for the incident as the shot was fired by his employer Rehman.
It is pertinent to mention here that the incident took place on August 5 after Akram claimed his car was hit by a vehicle near Karsaz.
- Pakistan proclaims new law to protect rights of journalists10:57 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Lt Gen Sarfraz Ali formally installed as Colonel Commandant of Azad ...09:07 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- British lawmakers laud Pakistan’s role in Afghanistan peace process08:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan issues visas to Indian pilgrims to visit Hindu shrine in ...07:53 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Aijaz Aslam's father passes away07:04 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Sarah Khan and Falak Shabir's new romantic video goes viral05:23 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Syra Yousuf spills the beans about co-parenting and divorce06:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021