Court sends driver on judicial remand in Wasim Akram car attack case
Wasim had alleged that he was shot at following a minor accident earlier this month.
The judge approved the judicial remand of Altaf Ahmed, the driver of the vehicle, till August 28 and ordered police to submit a challan against the suspect on the next date of hearing.
The owner of the vehicle is still on protective bail.
Major Retired Amirur Rehman, was granted pre-arrest bail last week by district and sessions judge Nadeem Ahmed Khan on a surety bond of Rs30,000.
In his bail application, he had claimed the car was being driven by his driver at the time of the accident and that he was unaware that his driver had hit Akram's car. He maintained that it was his driver who had argued with Akram.
But the driver told investigators that he was not responsible for the incident as the shot was fired by his employer Rehman.
It is pertinent to mention here that the incident took place on August 5 after Akram claimed his car was hit by a vehicle near Karsaz.
- Pakistan reports another polio case, taking year's tally to 2011:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Twitter withholds Govt of Pakistan’s official account in India11:22 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Japan’s wrestling legend turned politician Antonio Inoki passes ...10:48 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Celebs lambast PIA over cabin crew's attire10:15 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Govt seeks action against Imran Khan, other PTI leaders as cypher ...09:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Fawad Khan and Hamza Ali Abbasi exchange banter on live show11:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022