Mehmood Khan sworn in as CM KPK
PESHAWAR - Recently elected chief minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Mehmood Khan took the oath of his office on Friday.
KP Governor Iqbal Zafar Jhagra administered the oath at a ceremony which was held at Governor House Peshawar.
Mehmood, a candidate of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, bagged 77 votes against his rival, Nisar Gull of Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal (MMA), who secured 33 votes in the elections.
The president of PTI Malakand Division, Mehmood was elected member of the provincial assembly from PK-9 Swat in the 2013 and 2018 general elections.
Born in Matta Tehsil of Swat in 1972, Mehmood received his early education from Government Primary School Matta and completed his matriculation from Peshawar Public School. He did his masters in agriculture from the Agriculture University of Peshawar, Geo News reported.
The 46-year-old has previously held the portfolio of sports, culture and irrigation in the province. He was also given the portfolio of KP home minister, but was later removed from the post.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019