Blasphemous remarks trigger protests across Occupied Kashmir's Jammu region
SRINAGAR – Strong protest demonstrations were held Monday for the second consecutive day in Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir to condemn the blasphemous remarks of a Hindu priest, Satpal Sharma, in Reasi district.
The protests were held in Ramban, Banihal, Doda, Bhaderwah, Kishtwar, Poonch, Rajouri, Reasi and Jammu city where people came out of their houses and raised slogans against the priest who uploaded a video containing blasphemous contents.
The protesters said that the priest committed blasphemous act at the behest of ruling Bharatiya Janata in New Delhi, the Kashmir Media Service reported.
The protesters demanded action against the priest and others responsible for uploading the derogatory video.
Meanwhile, Jammu and Kashmir Civil Society Forum in a statement issued in Jammu demanded a stern action against the priest saying his blasphemous remarks had hurt the sentiments of the Muslim community, particularly in the Jammu region.
Wani said the Prophet of Islam (Peace Be Upon Him) is the highest revered personality for mankind and any blasphemous act or gesture against him is intolerable.
- PM Imran to virtually address UNGA session on Friday09:29 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran lauds Chinese leadership for socio-economic priorities08:34 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020