Dense fog covers plain areas in Punjab
According to media details, owing to the thick fog, the Motorway sections from Lahore to Kala Shah Kako (M2) and Multan Motorway (M5) have been shut down due to zero visibility.
Dense fog has also disrupted the flow of traffic at the National Highway in Lahore, Gujrat, Vehari, Pakpattan, Narowal, Zafarwal, Bahawalnagar and adjoining areas as visibility was down to zero metres.
The Motorway police have advised the drivers and commuters to switch on fog lights while driving and also requested the people to stay home and avoid unnecessary travelling.
The dark fog has also disrupted flight operation as Lahore’s Allama Iqbal International Airport was shut down and flight operation was cancelled after visibility dropped down to zero.
Meanwhile, mainly cold and dry weather has been forecasted in most parts of the country while very cold in upper areas during the next twelve hours.
Frost is also likely to form in Potohar region and most districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020