Dense fog covers plain areas in Punjab
According to media details, owing to the thick fog , the Motorway sections from Lahore to Kala Shah Kako (M2) and Multan Motorway (M5) have been shut down due to zero visibility.
Dense fog has also disrupted the flow of traffic at the National Highway in Lahore, Gujrat, Vehari, Pakpattan, Narowal, Zafarwal, Bahawalnagar and adjoining areas as visibility was down to zero metres.
The Motorway police have advised the drivers and commuters to switch on fog lights while driving and also requested the people to stay home and avoid unnecessary travelling.
The dark fog has also disrupted flight operation as Lahore’s Allama Iqbal International Airport was shut down and flight operation was cancelled after visibility dropped down to zero.
Meanwhile, mainly cold and dry weather has been forecasted in most parts of the country while very cold in upper areas during the next twelve hours.
Frost is also likely to form in Potohar region and most districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Pakistan conducts successful training launch of ballistic missile ...03:14 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019