ATC sentences student to death for killing professor over anti-Islam remarks
MULTAN – An anti-terrorism court (ATC) in Bahawalpur on Saturday sentenced a student, Khateeb Hussain, to death in the murder case of Professor Khalid Hameed.
The court also sentenced Khateeb’s accomplice Zafar Hussain to seven years in prison because he provoked Khateeb against Professor Khalid.
The incident occurred in March 2019 when the student, Khateeb Hussain, 21, a third-year student at Bahawalpur's Government Sadiq Egerton College, had stabbed Associate Professor Khalid to death over what he described as anti-Islam remarks.
The argument initially started over reservations about a farewell event scheduled to be held in the college which led to the gruesome murder.
Hussain was also a Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan candidate for National Assembly (NA) seat.
Sadiq Egerton College student stabs teacher to ... 09:35 PM | 20 Mar, 2019
BAHAWALPUR - A student stabbed his teacher to death on Wednesday merely for organising a welcome party which he ...
- Vote of Confidence: Here's how procedure for a motion of confidence ...09:36 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan reports 1,714 new Covid-19 cases, 38 deaths08:45 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 06 March 202108:17 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan hosts roundtable discussion with ASEAN Heads of Missions11:35 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Lahore college lecturer killed after kite string slits throat11:02 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Adele and Simon Konecki finalise their divorce after two years09:13 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' – Indian actor accused of sexual assault04:30 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Feroze Khan wins Best Actor award for Ishqiya03:03 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021