Pakistan launches Monsoon tree plantation drive 2020
KAHUTA - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday inaugurated the Monsoon Tree Plantation Campaign 2020 in Kahuta aimed at increasing the country’s forest cover.
PM’s Adviser for Climate Change Malik Amin Aslam and State Minister for Climate Change Zartaj Gul accompanied the prime minister on the launch of drive,where he was given a briefing about the plantation campaign.
The prime minister was apprised that Pakistan’s commitment towards reviving forest cover and wildlife and the measures taken over the last two years had been acknowledged by World Economic Forum, UN Habitat, UNDP, UNCCD and IUCN.
It was highlighted that due to the momentum created by the Ten Billion Tree Tsunami Programme, the target was to plant and regenerate millions of plants and create thousands of green jobs for daily wagers.
Since all activities related to forestry and wildlife are labour intensive, these two areas will play a more positive role in providing much needed local livelihood in the aftermath of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020