Pakistan to introduce AMI system to counter power theft
ISLAMABAD - Minister for Power Omar Ayub says a campaign has been started to check power pilferage and the government is introducing Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) system to control power theft across the country.
Responding to questions during Question Hour in the Senate today (Friday), he said distribution companies have been directed to control line losses.
Omar Ayub said that efforts are being made to rehabilitate the Transmission and Distribution Infrastructures to reduce technical losses.
The minister said that the incumbent government has enhanced transmission of electricity from 18000MW to 23500MW in two years.
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022