Germany, France impose strict measures to halt coronavirus epidemic
BERLIN/Paris - Germany and France have imposed stringent new measures to curb the spread of the deadly coronavirus.
French President Emmanuel Macron in a televised speech announced an enforced lockdown saying we are in a health war.
He said 100,000 policemen would be deployed nationwide to enforce the lockdown.
Macron said the European Union's external borders would be closed to travellers from Today.
In Germany, most non-grocery shops and venues have been ordered to shut.
Chancellor Angela Merkel also banned religious services and told people to cancel any domestic or foreign holiday travel.
- LHC extends Shehbaz Sharif's bail in assets beyond means case02:09 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Two Indian soldiers commit suicide in IOK01:49 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Usman Mukhtars short film 'Bench' wins at South Shore Film Festival ...01:32 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Model with Down syndrome featured in Gucci Beauty Campaign in Italian ...11:40 AM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Dreams are the first place where you see yourself as a successful ...05:39 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020