Germany, France impose strict measures to halt coronavirus epidemic
BERLIN/Paris - Germany and France have imposed stringent new measures to curb the spread of the deadly coronavirus.
French President Emmanuel Macron in a televised speech announced an enforced lockdown saying we are in a health war.
He said 100,000 policemen would be deployed nationwide to enforce the lockdown.
Macron said the European Union's external borders would be closed to travellers from Today.
In Germany, most non-grocery shops and venues have been ordered to shut.
Chancellor Angela Merkel also banned religious services and told people to cancel any domestic or foreign holiday travel.
- Pakistan: Dozens of doctors suspended for refusing coronavirus duty12:40 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Chinese company donates traditional medicines to assist Pakistan ...12:24 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Coronavirus: Tiger tests positive for COVID-19 at New York zoo, first ...12:11 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- PIA pilots taken to Lahore hospital after testing positive for ...11:42 AM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Pakistan reopens Torkham, Chaman borders with Afghanistan11:18 AM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston gifts coronavirus-positive nurse a $10,000 ...04:28 PM | 5 Apr, 2020
- Nadia Jamil is in good health after her breast cancer surgery04:08 PM | 5 Apr, 2020
- American singer Pink reveals she tested positive for coronavirus03:59 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019