American diplomat involved in Pakistan road accident ‘to be tried under US laws’
On the question regarding blood money in the case of Colonel Joseph, he said he has no information and asked media to contact Ministry of Interior for details.
The spokesman said Col Joseph had diplomatic immunity as per the Vienna Convention of 1972.
Faisal added that travel restrictions of diplomats of the United States (US) were now in place.
"Diplomats and their families will have to seek prior permission to travel outside the radius of 25 miles," he briefed reporters.
Colonel hall left the country after the US refused to withdraw his diplomatic immunity. However, an Islamabad court had ruled earlier that Col Hall's diplomatic immunity did not protect him in the case.
US diplomat Col Joseph leaves Pakistan: report 09:49 PM | 14 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Military Attache Col Joseph Emanuel Hall left for the United States on Monday evening, diplomatic sources ...
On Saturday, the authorities in Pakistan prevented Colonel Hall, from flying out of the country. A US Air Force C130 had landed at Pakistan's Nur Khan air base to bring Hall back to the United States but was forced to leave without him.
Last month, Colonel Hall, ran down three persons in Daman-e-Koh, north of Islamabad, while driving a white Land Cruiser at a traffic signal.
One of the riders was killed in the incident, while the other two were wounded critically.
- Two soldiers martyred during crossfire with terrorists in North ...08:26 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan bans travel from six South African countries, Hong Kong over ...07:50 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Caught on camera: DC Khanewal Zaheer Abbas under fire for slapping ...07:31 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Junaid Safdar and Ayesha Saif's valima invite leaked online05:47 PM | 26 Nov, 2021