Flour Mills Association announces closure of mills in Punjab, KP and Balochistan
LAHORE - The Flour Mills Association (FMA) on Sunday announced the closure of mills in Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and Balochistan from Monday (tomorrow).
Asim Raza, FMA chairman, said the authorities were confiscating wheat during their raids and sealing the mills. He accused them of even taking away the quota of wheat.
During a media briefing, another FMA representative, Abdul Rauf Mukhtar said, “Cases are being lodged against mill owner”. “What would we grind if there was no wheat in mills,” Mukhtar questioned.
Earlier, province governments have tightened the screw on hoarders and profiteers after a recent hike in flour prices in the country.
A good number of people have been arrested in recent raids for hoarding thousands of mounds of wheat.
- Naftali Bennett brings Netanyahu's 12-year rule to an end, takes over ...01:29 AM | 14 Jun, 2021
- ISPR releases first episode of military reality show ‘60 Hours to ...11:43 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Congress leader's pro-Kashmir remarks draw criticism from BJP09:06 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Indian army for killing another three Kashmiris07:39 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan felicitates UK on Queen’s 95th official birthday07:02 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani opens up about supporting Asim Azhar during recent ...05:40 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic leaves fans stunned with sizzling beach ...03:37 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Tiger Shroff’s mother Ayesha wishes Disha Patani on her birthday12:49 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021