Flour Mills Association announces closure of mills in Punjab, KP and Balochistan
LAHORE - The Flour Mills Association (FMA) on Sunday announced the closure of mills in Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and Balochistan from Monday (tomorrow).
Asim Raza, FMA chairman, said the authorities were confiscating wheat during their raids and sealing the mills. He accused them of even taking away the quota of wheat.
During a media briefing, another FMA representative, Abdul Rauf Mukhtar said, “Cases are being lodged against mill owner”. “What would we grind if there was no wheat in mills,” Mukhtar questioned.
Earlier, province governments have tightened the screw on hoarders and profiteers after a recent hike in flour prices in the country.
A good number of people have been arrested in recent raids for hoarding thousands of mounds of wheat.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020