IOC, WHO ink deal to promote healthy society through sport amid COVID-19
LAUSANNE - World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Olympic Committee (IOC) have signed an agreement to promote a healthy society through sport amid coronavirus pandemic.
While addressing a ceremony in Lausanne, Switzerland, WHO Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said that the United Nation (UN) agency formalized this longstanding partnership with IOC to help people realize their healthiest lives amid coronavirus pandemic.
He said this collaboration is timely as the current COVID-19 pandemic is particularly affecting people with no communicable diseases.
The WHO, IOC partnership will also work to respond to disease as well, the WHO Director-General said further.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Coronavirus — Public sector schools opened in KP11:45 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020