IOC, WHO ink deal to promote healthy society through sport amid COVID-19
LAUSANNE - World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Olympic Committee (IOC) have signed an agreement to promote a healthy society through sport amid coronavirus pandemic.
While addressing a ceremony in Lausanne, Switzerland, WHO Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said that the United Nation (UN) agency formalized this longstanding partnership with IOC to help people realize their healthiest lives amid coronavirus pandemic.
He said this collaboration is timely as the current COVID-19 pandemic is particularly affecting people with no communicable diseases.
The WHO, IOC partnership will also work to respond to disease as well, the WHO Director-General said further.
- Pakistan's FM Qureshi congratulates Turkish counterpart for ...07:04 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Punjab top cop vows to treat Mufti Aziz ur Rehman as a test case04:41 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Triple crowns for Amna Qayum in 2nd PTF Junior National Ranking ...04:08 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul’s Turgut Alp, Bamsı Beyrek made brand ambassadors for ...02:17 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Mahira Khan spends quality time with beau Salim Karim in Nathia Gali01:41 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021