These 5 mouth-watering Lahori roadside foods are hard to resist!
As the winter season is approaching, there’s nothing like warm, delicious roadside snacks to help you get on with your day during those freezing cold days.
Below is the list of 5 roadside snacks we think will keep you warm during these winters.
Roasted sweet potato: Lahore’s winters are nothing without shakarqandi. Sweet potatoes roasted, peeled and cubed, served with chaat masala and sprinkled with lime juice are offered across Lahore throughout the winters. It is delicious and easy to buy too.
Grilled corn: At times, in the cold of Lahore all you really need is grilled corn. Nothing tastes like a warm salty grilled corn, sprinkled generously with some chaat masala and lemon. It’s tasty, filling, easily available and easy to buy.
Soup: Roadside hawkers in Lahore serve soups, aka yakhni, along with fry eggs or boiled eggs, which apart from being nutritional, are also packed with amazing desi flavors.
Food Street at Old Anarkali is one such place packed with vendors that will give you the much-needed warmth during these winters.
Halwa: As for warm desserts, nothing can beat the sizzling gaajar ka halwa, daal ka halwa cooked in desi ghee that. Garnished with almonds and pistachios, these warm sweet treats are a must have for those Lahori winter evenings.
Samosa chaat: Those foggy, rainy winters in Lahore are nothing but a waste if not for a samosa chaat topped with sweet and savory chutneys. Filled with potatoes and served with chickpeas, yogurt and topped with a dash of onion and lettuce. yummy!!!
- PTI minister tells why PM Imran can’t expel French ambassador11:55 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 12 security personnel taken hostage by TLP protesters recovered: ...10:53 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Syria goes to the polls next month09:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Marastyal – KPK launches mobile app to lodge complaints against ...08:38 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021